Please call us at 916-428-0377 to place your order
The State of California prohibits perceived advertising or marketing of firearm related products to persons under 18 years of age.
Please verify that you are at least 18 years of age.
Whether you’re looking to purchase your very first gun and you’re just starting your research or buying a gun has always been on your bucket list, there’s a lot you need to know. Before you come into River City Gun Exchange to make your purchase here’s everything you need to know!
There are a few things that the great state of California requires of you if you’re a first-time gun buyer.
– At least 21 years of age to buy a pistol
– At least 18 years of age to buy a long gun
THINGS TO BRING
You should bring the following items with you at a time of purchase and pickup of your new firearm.
– California Identification (DL or ID)
– Firearm Safety Certificate
– Proof of California Residency
– Money for your purchase, and the remaining balance upon pickup
There are a few fees and taxes you should expect to pay when purchasing a firearm. Some are obvious, some are less so.
– $37.19 Dealer Record of Sale (DROS)
– $25 FSC test if you plan on purchasing a firearm
– An 8.75% sales tax on all products
If you meet the requirements outlined above, we can’t wait to help you. If you have any questions about purchasing a gun, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 916-428-0377.